Alcohol Policy –It is Renter’s responsibility that attendees are aware of Moon Town Crossing’s (MTC) alcohol policies.
•Failure to abide by MTC’s alcohol policies may result in the event being immediately terminated by MTC’s staff, forfeiture of damage deposit, and offender’s being asked to leave MTC Grounds.
•A pre-approved, insured bartending service must dispense ALL alcoholic beverages. ALL alcohol (bottled and/or poured), kegs and toasts, must always be under the supervision of a bartender. Macadoodles, located at 3080 N Kentwood Ave Springfield, MO 65803, will be the sole provider of alcohol and bartending services for MTC.
•No alcohol may be brought on to MTC Grounds that is not dispensed by the contracted, insured bartender during event time block, including during setup and open bar time. Self-service of alcohol is NOT allowed.
•No shots are allowed at any time.
•Alcohol service must be shut down 30 minutes prior to the end of event for proper cleanup time. No exceptions.
•Renter understands that it is the Renter’s responsibility to assure that the dispensing of all alcoholic beverages complies with Missouri State Liquor Laws. No alcoholic beverages may be removed from the MTC Grounds during the event.
•The serving to and/or the consumption of alcohol by persons under 21 years of age is not permitted.
•Drunkenness will not be tolerated, violators will be asked to leave the property. Items NOT PERMITTED in The Barn or on MTC Grounds –
•No candles. Ask MTC staff for suggestions and ideas. All candle decoration must be pre-approved by MTC staff.
•No glitter, table glitter, confetti, or anything similar may be used.
•Only existing wall plugs may be used. No rewiring for any reason.
•No cardboard chafing dishes, oil lamps, Chinese floating lanterns, fog, fireworks, sparklers or bubble machines are permitted in or on MTC Grounds.•No helium balloons may be used as decorations inside the barn facility
•No fish or insects may be brought to or released on the MTC Grounds.
Items permitted in The Barn or on the MTC Grounds following specific guidelines –
• Only birdseed and real flower petals (not silk) may be thrown outside of the building (no rice).
• Barbecue grills and gas-cooking devices may only be used on the concrete patio outside the facility.
• Sparklers are only permitted when preapproved by MTC and the local Fire Department.Renter agrees and understands that the time block hours stipulated in the contract will be strictly adhered to. No early arrivals.
It is the Renter’s responsibility that attendees are aware of MTC’s policies regarding the use of The Barn or MTC Grounds, which are as follows:
• Rental includes use of MTC facilities, use of MTC’s tables and chairs, and service in the courtyard.
• Time block includes setup and cleanup within rented time.
• Renter’s, contractors and their equipment must be completely out of the facility by the end of the rental time block.
• A fee of $200.00 per half hour. will be charged to the renter’s damage deposit for early drop-off or early arrivals and an additional fee will be charged for anything left overnight.
• It is the Renter’s responsibility to inform all caterers, musicians, florists, contractors, guests and family members of the specific times and nature of the rental agreement, and of all loading/unloading and parking areas. Renter is responsible for ensuring that all event participants observe all aspects of this agreement and all MTC policies.
• The MTC staff will arrange the initial setup of tables and/or chairs for the event per the original contracted setup. Any re-arranging of room initial set up is not permitted without prior approval. Lift all tables to move, do not pull across the floor.•Renter is advised that MTC will not be responsible for any items brought by rental companies nor will MTC staff sign for deliveries; unless arranged prior to event.
• To comply with the Greene County/City of Springfield Noise Ordinance, MTC’s staff will have complete control over the volume of any music or noise-making devices. If event proceeds past 11:00 pm, all outside doors and windows must be closed.
• Renter is the responsible party for any damage to the facility or grounds arising from the event, whether or not in excess of the damage deposit.
• The Renter understands that the final decision regarding the damage deposit and cleanup is done by MTC management, not the MTC staff. MTC staff document all events and report back to MTC management.
• Renter, or renter’s day of event representative, must check out of the building with MTC staff before leaving the property.
MTC reserves the right to make changes at any time regarding pricing, procedures and policies.Policies & Procedures Table & Chair Placement –Basic floor setup is included in the rental rate. MTC staff will provide minimal initial setup before the time block begins. Any furniture required, or moving of chairs, tables, etc. must be approved prior to moving. Décor – Interior Décor – All items currently in MTC are secured and may not be removed. You may add pre-approved items you would like for décor. Outside décor must be weighted/secured to prevent flyaway. Please contact MTC staff if you are unsure what is acceptable and what is not. Special Requests – Any special requests that extend beyond provisions of this contract need to be presented to MTC management for approval in advance of the event. If additional requests need to be made after the contract is signed, those requests must be presented to MTC management in writing, no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event itself. All last-minute requests must be presented to MTC management for its approval. A charge of $75/hr will be charged for requested special décor modifications. Outside Source Rentals – You are welcome to rent chairs, tables, or any other equipment from an outside source. No delivery of rental items will be received prior to the renter’s time block; without prior approval. The renter is responsible to receive, setup and take down all rental items, and to haul away such items by 7:00am the day after the event or a rental removal fee of $250.00 plus $1.50 per item will be assessed on outside rental items.Disclaimers – Assumption of Risk and Waiver and Release–Notwithstanding anything contained herein, and inconsideration of the right to rent the [Premises], Renter fully acknowledges, understands, and hereby assumes liability for all risks involved, including but not limited to, the risks associated with hosting events involving liquor. Renter is in full understanding and acknowledgement of these risks, and hereby assumes said risks and therefore waives, releases and discharges MTC and all Indemnified Parties from any and all liability related to the [Premises], including bodily injury, death, property damages or losses and/or claims from any cause whatsoever that may be suffered, including any loss or damage experienced by the Renter’s invitees’ to the [Premises]. However, in no event shall this waiver and release apply to the extent such damages, losses, claims, and liabilities are caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of MTC or any other Indemnified Party. Indemnity–To the fullest extent permitted by law, Renter shall, defend, indemnify and hold harmless MTC, MTC’s representatives, employees, agents, officers, and any of their respective employees, officers and consultants (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, fees, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) (collectively “Claims”), arising out of, incidental to, or in connection with the performance of Renter’s acts or services under these Rules and Regulations; however, in no event shall Renter be liable for any claims, liabilities, fees, costs and expenses to the extent caused by MTC’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
Acts of God –The performance of the contract is subject to termination without liability upon the occurrence of any circumstances beyond the control of Glen44 Investments, LLC dba: Moon Town Crossing – such acts of God, war, acts of terrorism, government regulations,disaster, rain storms, snow storms, floods, strikes, riots, shortages of labor or materials, civil disorder, or other emergencies – to the extent that such circumstances make it illegal or impossible for MTC to provide, or for client in general to use, the facilities.
How to Reserve Your Date –Payments / Reservation Deposits MTC accepts cash, Visa, AMEX, MasterCard, and Discover as forms of payment. At the time of booking, a $600.00 damage/security deposit** is due. Once this deposit is received, a rental agreement will need to be signed and rental fees agreed upon. It is understood that the renter is the responsible party for any damage(s) incurred to the facility, MTC’s equipment or grounds arising from the event, whether or not it is more than the damage deposit. Payment in full must be made 14 days before the event date. Any late payments will be charged a 10% late fee.** The refundable security/damage deposit of $600.00 will be returned within 30 days after the event, pending the final inspection of the venue for damage to the venue, to EMPRA’s equipment or other day of the event charges not previously identified or paid for in advance. If there are any additional charges, they will be deducted from the deposit and/or billed to the “Renter”. Cancellation Policy –The Renter may cancel the scheduled event in writing or by email 90 days prior to the event date and forfeit 1/2 of what was paid for the damage/security deposit. Cancellations less than 90 days, but more than 30 days will forfeit the full amount paid for the damage/security deposit, with the difference refunded. Cancellations less than 30 days will forfeit all monies previously paid. No show events will forfeit rental fee and damage/security deposit. All refunds are processed within 30 days. If MTC must cancel the scheduled event for any unforeseen reasons, MTC will refund all monies that have been paid to date.
INSURANCE-Renter shall purchase and maintain liability insurance, covering resulting bodily injury and property damage, including liquor liability with a limit in the amount of no less than 1 million ($1,000,000) dollars for the event. MTC shall be included under the policy as an additional insured. Policy shall include a waiver of subrogation in favor of MTC. Evidence of insurance for the event shall be provided 30 days prior to the event, but in no instance later than 48 hours prior to the event. Any party of Renter shall not be allowed access to the property for event without evidence of insurance provided to MTCby certificate of insurance.